By using Foundations website or otherwise providing your personal information to Foundations, you agree to the collection, use and sharing of your information in accordance with this statement. Please read this Privacy Statement carefully and contact us if you have any questions. Personal information is information, or any combination of separate pieces of information, that could be used to identify you.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Any personal information such as name, postal address, telephone number and email address given will only be used to provide a requested service and will not be disclosed to any other third party without your prior permission or unless we are required to do so by law.
How we use your personal information
For specific information on how your personal information will be used for the services you have requested from us.
- Where we are selling a property on your behalf we need to know your contact information so that we can update you with information on viewings, offers and the progress of the sale.
- Where you have asked us to find you a property which meets certain access requirements, we may need to know some further details about your particular circumstances so that we can find you a suitable property.
- We also need some information so that we can comply with our legal obligations. For example, we may need identity documents from you to meet our obligations to prevent fraud and money laundering. If you are renting, we will need to establish if you have the right to rent.
- We use your personal information for the purposes of fulfilling our obligations to you to let or sell your property or, if you are a buyer or tenant, for the purposes of arranging a contract for sale or a lease for you.
- If you are purchasing a property we are acting as agents for the sale of or selling a property through us we will share your personal information with your appointed solicitors and the solicitors acting for the other side of the deal as is necessary to facilitate the sale or purchase.
- If you are renting a property we are acting as letting agents of, we will share your personal data with third party referencing agencies for the purposes of the prevention and detection of crime, fraud and/or money laundering and checking your suitability to rent that property.
- Property Management – Where we are managing property on your behalf we may need to pass your personal information from time to time on to third party contractors whom we have engaged to carry out maintenance on your properties.
If you do not provide the information required for these purposes, we will not be able to perform our contract with you and may not be able to provide services to you or continue to provide certain services to you. We will explain when this is the case at the point where we collect information from you.
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information, these include the right to:
- Be informed about how we use your personal information.
- Obtain access to your personal information that we hold.
- Request that your personal information is corrected if you believe it is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate.
- Request that we erase your personal information in the following circumstances:
- If Foundations is continuing to process personal information beyond the period when it is necessary to do so for the purpose for which it was originally collected.
- If Foundations is relying on consent as the legal basis for processing and you withdraw consent.
- If Foundations is relying on legitimate interests as the legal basis for processing and you object to this processing and there is no overriding compelling ground which enables us continue with the processing.
- If the personal information has been processed unlawfully (i.e. in breach of the requirements of the data protection legislation).
- If it is necessary to delete the personal information to comply with a legal obligation.
- Ask us to restrict our data processing activities where you consider that:
- Personal information is inaccurate.
- Our processing of your personal information is unlawful.
- Where we no longer need the personal information but you require us to keep it to enable you to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim.
- Where you have raised an objection to our use of your personal information.
- Request a copy of certain personal information that you have provided to us in a commonly used electronic format. This right relates to personal information that you have provided to us that we need in order to perform our agreement with you and personal information where we are relying on consent to process your personal information
- Object to our processing of your personal information where we are relying on legitimate interests or exercise of a public interest task to make the processing lawful. If you raise an objection we will carry out an assessment to determine whether we have an overriding legitimate ground which entitles us to continue to process your personal information; and
- Not be subject to wholly automated decisions which produce legal effects or which could have a similarly significant effect on you.
Links to external websites
- In order to fulfil our obligations to you when providing you with our property services
- To share your information with others where necessary to fulfil our property services for you or where acting as agent for a third party on your behalf
- To comply with our statutory and regulatory obligations, including [verifying your identity, prevention of fraud and money laundering and to assess your credit worthiness]
- Communicate with you during the course of providing our services, for example with your enquiries and requests.
- Statistical purposes so we can analyse figures to help us manage our business and plan strategically for the future.
- To provide you, or to enable [third parties] to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you, where you have provided permission for us to do so or, if you are an existing customer only, where we choose to contact you by electronic means (including e-mail or SMS) with information about our own goods and services similar to those which you have already obtained from us or negotiated to obtain from us . For those marketing messages you can unsubscribe at any time
- Track your use of our service including your use of our App in order to improve these.
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
How long we keep your data for
We will retain your personal data for different periods depending on the service you have chosen to use us for, which may be a longer period than that for which we need to hold your data to provide those services, i.e where we are under regulatory or statutory duties to hold your data for a longer period or need to retain it in the event of a legal claim or complaint.
Managing your cookies and cookie preferences must be done from within your browser’s options/preferences. Here is a list of guides on how to do this for popular browser software: